Breastfeeding and Pregnancy
When you’re expecting a baby, you want to learn all you can about pregnancy and caring for your newborn.
Explore our resources and wellness tools for information about the baby’s growth at each stage of pregnancy, changes in your body, and how to get ready for a new baby.
Once your baby is born, breast milk is the best source of nutrition and offers many benefits to your baby and to you. Learning the basics of breastfeeding can help you both get the most out of this special time together.
Benefits of breastfeeding
- Easier to digest than formula
- Helps your baby fight illnesses
- Reduces your baby’s risk of obesity
- Strengthens your bond with your baby
- Helps your body recover from pregnancy and childbirth
- Makes it easier to lose pregnancy weight
Healthy Beginnings Prenatal Newsletter, Issue 10 (Postpartum: Breastfeeding and Baby Care)
This series keeps you informed about your pregnancy every step of the way. It includes stage-specific information on the baby’s growth, changes in the mother’s body, how to get ready for a new baby, and much more.