Servings2 servings (1 serving = ½ cup shrimp ceviche)
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp
- 1 cup lime juice (approximately 5 fresh limes)
- 4 medium tomatoes (Roma or Italian), diced (or 8 ounces canned, diced tomatoes)
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 small red oniony, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 serrano chili peppers (optional) ribs and seeds removed, minced
- 4 small baked corn tortilla shells (or 4 mini corn tortillas)
- salt, to taste
- In a bowl, combine shrimp and lime juice.
- Cover and marinate for about 10 to 15 minutes or until color changes to pink. Do not marinate too long, as the shrimp will “overcook” and toughen.
- Add onions, tomatoes, chili peppers, and cucumber.
- Gently stir to combine.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve cold with tortilla.
Calories: 248 | Total Protein: 30.5g | Total Carbs: 25.1g | Total Fat: 3g