Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs
Servings4 servings (1 serving = ½ cup)
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 1/4 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- Remove skin and trim off fat from the chicken thighs.
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add onions, carrots, and garlic to slow cooker.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon white pepper, chicken stock, and flour. Then, add to the slow cooker.
- Add chicken, thyme, and rosemary to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook 3 to 4 hours on high setting, until the chicken is tender and runs clear juice when pricked with a fork and the vegetables are tender. (Check the internal temperature of the chicken after about 2 hours. It needs to reach at least 165F for food safety purposes).
- Transfer chicken and vegetables to serving plates.
- Serve with a little cooking liquid from the pot with the chicken, if desired, for more moisture and stronger flavors.
Calories: 283 | Total Protein: 15.6g | Total Fat: 13.2g
Adapted with permission from https://www.jessicagavin.com/slow-cooker-chicken-thighs/