Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry
5 servings (1 serving = 1 cup stir fry, 2 tablespoons of brown rice if still hungry)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or nonstick spray
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 bunch bok choy, chopped
- 1/4 cup green beans, halved
- 1/3 cup edamame, shelled
- 3 teaspoons low-sugar teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger (optional), grated
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha (optional)
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice (optional)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Cube chicken breast in 1-inch pieces and boil on medium-high heat for approximately 15 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F (overcooking will dry it out).
- Coat a large skillet with nonstick spray or olive oil and place on medium heat.
- Sauté garlic, broccoli, bok choy, green beans, and edamame for 3-5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add ginger, sriracha, teriyaki sauce, and water. Toss lightly, put the lid on, and reduce heat to a simmer for 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat but keep the lid on.
- When the chicken is finished, add it to the skillet and toss in the sauce.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and serve with brown rice.