Baked Fish with Summer Vegetables
Servings4 servings (1 serving = 3 ounce fillet of fish and 1 cup vegetables)
- 4 3-ounce fillets of fish (cod, halibut, salmon, snapper, sea bass, etc.)
- 1 summer squash sliced
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 sprigs fresh herbs, such as oregano, thyme, rosemary, or basil
- 1 small shallot finely chopped
- Nonfat milk (enough to completely cover the 4 fish fillets while soaking)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Rinse the fish fillets in running water. Pat dry.
- Soak the fillets in nonfat milk for 20 minutes. Drain and pat dry. Discard the used milk.
- While soaking the fillets, cut parchment paper or foil into four 12-inch squares and arrange them on a work surface. Fold each piece in half to form a crease down the middle.
- Divide squash among the squares, arranging it just to the right of each crease. Top squash with broccoli and garlic, then drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Arrange one fillet on top of each pile of vegetables, then season fillets with salt. Top each fillet with an herb sprig and some of the chopped shallots.
- Wrap up each square of paper or foil to form a sealed pouch. Transfer pouches to a baking sheet and bake until the fish is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Set aside to let cool for 3 to 4 minutes, then cut pouches open and serve immediately. If desired, serve with a small side of quinoa.
Calories: 231 | Total Protein: 43.5g | Total Carbs: 7g | Total Fat: 2.6g
Source: Recipe modified from: https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/baked-fish-en-papillote-summer-vegetables