Egg Breakfast Muffin
Servings12 servings (1 serving = 1 egg muffin)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red bell pepper, measured after chopping
- 1 cup green bell pepper, measured after chopping
- 1 cup yellow onion, measured after chopping
- 2 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, measured before chopping
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- hot sauce (optional for topping)
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a standard nonstick 12-slot muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add in oil, red pepper, green pepper, and onion.
- Sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until peppers are tender.
- Add in spinach and mushrooms. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- In the last 30 seconds, add in minced garlic.
- Season with salt and remove from heat.
- Crack eggs/egg whites into a large bowl and whisk together.
- Stir in cooked vegetables.
- Pour the egg/vegetable mixture evenly into the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the tops are firm to the touch and the eggs are cooked.
- Cool slightly and serve immediately. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for about 4 days. These may also be frozen. To reheat, pop them in the microwave until warm.
Calories: 48 | Total Protein: 3.7g | Total Carbs: 2.7g | Total Fat: 2.7g