Need an instant mood booster? Move your body! Being active every day is one of the best things you can do for your health and well-being.
Include these three types of physical activity in your routine:
- Aerobic (“cardio”) activities increase your heart rate and make you breathe harder. For example, you can take a brisk walk, ride your bike, go for a run, or swim. This will strengthen your heart and lungs and build up your endurance.
- Strength training uses resistance to tone and strengthen your muscles and bones. For example, you can lift weights or do some push-ups or sit-ups.
- Stretching lets you move your joints and muscles through a full range of motion. It improves your muscle control and flexibility.
Regular physical activity means getting at least 150 minutes a week of brisk walking or a similar activity. That’s just 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week!
Physical activity gives you many benefits
- Have more energy
- Feel less stressed
- Sleep better
- Reach and stay at a healthy weight
- Strengthen your muscles and bones
- Prevent serious health problems
6 ways to get fit
Total Health Assessment
Make good health a part of your daily habits with our healthy lifestyle programs. These personalized, online programs can help you create an action plan to reach your health goals. Based on your Total Health Assessment results, you’ll find advice, encouragement, and tools that can help you make healthier lifestyle choices.