Developed by professionals, this program is based on three basic ideas for success: healthy eating, daily habits, and getting active. Kaiser Permanente medical and weight loss professionals work with you to help achieve your goals, while other program members will help cheer you on.
- Sessions are offered weekly. Start when you are ready.
- Learn and practice new ways to help you lose weight and feel great!
- Attend 16 weekly group sessions and get support to help you achieve your goals.
- Receive monthly personal phone coaching to boost long-term success.
- Available at no cost to most Kaiser Permanente members.1
- Losing just 5 to 10% of your body weight (10 to 20 pounds for someone who weighs 200 pounds) can reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.2
For more information and to find out how to get started, visit kp.org/healthybalance.
Find workshops in your area
Ready to make some changes? Visit the area closest to you for more information.
Register for workshops online
- Sign in at kp.org
- Choose “Schedule an appointment”
- Choose “Health class”
- Follow prompts to complete registration
- Some members may have a cost share for health education classes, including Healthy Balance. Check your Evidence of Coverage or contact Member Services at 1-800-464-4000 (TTY 711), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (closed holidays), for benefit information about your plan’s coverage of health education programs, workshops, and classes. Services described here are provided to nonmembers on a fee-for-service basis, and nonmembers are financially responsible to pay for them. Clinical services are provided by providers or contractors of the Southern California Permanente Medical Group. Results of services may vary among patients and cannot be guaranteed. Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Inc. and Kaiser Foundation Hospitals may receive compensation for providing facilities and/or other support in connection with these services. These services are not meant to replace any covered services under members’ health plan benefits. If you are a Kaiser Permanente member, please check your Evidence of Coverage for specific covered health plan benefit information.
- Diabetes Prevention Program Research Group, “Long-Term Effects of Lifestyle Intervention or Metformin on Diabetes Development and Microvascular Complications Over 15-Year Follow-Up: The Diabetes Prevention Program Outcomes Study,” The Lancet Diabetes & Endocrinology, November 2015, p. 866.